Re: Finally Got My Mats

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:22:51 -0700 Riley McDowall <roog@home.com> writes:

>Yeah, Rich you were the only one last year who made any effort at
putting
>together footage :)  So you get your car(s) featured prominently in the
>final edit :)

I only got about 1/10 of a second of footage of my car last year. The
rest of it is 3 full minutes of Pottermans tennis shoes. You can HEAR my
car in the background tho.
So I guess that means I get the soundtrack from the Nike commercials?

>Brunberg, you know the music on my website that you hated so much?
>The hokey midi versions of Sledgehammer and Just a Gigolo?  That'll be
the
>soundtrack to YOUR tape, asshole... ;)

Ouch! Kinda rough there eh....

>As far as length of tape per car, I haven't really thought about it yet.
>VHS tapes are 120 minutes, right?  I figure 5-7 minutes per car plus all
>the show footage will fill a tape up, but we'll have to see how it
goes...
>Just film as much as you can, and we'll figure out how to edit it down
>to size on a per car basis...

This is where I have a big delima. I got a really nice tape from Jason
Camisa that was edited nicely with some velvet pants techno song. (Whats
up with the Velvet Pants Jason, personal fettish or what?) N-E-Way. Cool
video but its much more than 5 minutes and well worth it.
I have a bunch of shot ideas that I had in mind for myself and the
Pottermans Roc's. Ive got alot of interesting roads where we can safely
shoot the footage without bothering anybody else or breaking any laws
either. Its just a matter of making the time to shoot it. Then the
problem is editing with the music I have in my head for the various
sequences. My problem, I dont have a fancy editing machine but do have 3
VCR's.
So, with any luck it will get shot sometime this summer.

Maybe we can do a Socal Video shoot somehwere?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and