Brake Swap Questions (was: big brakes, etc)

>Conclusion, if your adding discs instead of drums back you can
>go with the mastercylinder you have, but you have to press a
>little harder with your foot.
>And the 16V prop.valves aren't really necessary but if you get
>them I guess they won't hurt.

Hey there.. I'm about to get a hold of an '89 16v GLI to play with.
I'd like to put all four discs on my '81 Scirocco.

What will I need to pull? Is the proportioning valve I need on that
Jetta? What the dilly with the axle stubs and converting the rear?

I know the question's probably been asked a few...hundred times, but
if anyone could give me a quick overview or a web site that has one...
I'd be very appreciative.