back in action (finally)

Well I finally got my 'rocco back together tonight. Drove it around the block. Whoo Hoo! It has been like a month and half, I think, since it has been out of my garage.

All and all here's what was done:

new clutch
change trans fluid to redline
new steering rack
new tie rods
new bearings in steering column
new driver and rear engine mounts
relayed headlights (BIG difference)
new brake booster (BIG PITA)
changed brake fluid
change oil/filter
new rear brake shoes
one new brake slave cylinder (broken bleeder valve)
used front caliper (another broken bleeder valve) thanks to Dave
replaced dashboard with one with less cracks
reestablished electrical ground contacts under dash
replace all vacuum hoses under dash
clean up all wires
painted all dash light red
added power antenna

All it needs now is I think another bleeding job. (Pedal seemed soft). It also needs an alignment and I have new tires for it in my kitchen. I hope that happens tomorrow. It was a lot of work, and I took my time, but it was shit that needed to be done. I also had to make sure it would make the drive to California.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions along the way. I would never have the motivation to do all this stuff if it was not for the list.

Mark Hausler
'81 scirocco s
'94 toyo 4x4

ps: I am planning of attending the ND show, and now I will have my 'rocco! I think where i am moving to (Oakland/Alameda) is just up the Freeway from ND so I don't think I need a room. I'll come an play though. I think I will worry about this after I move there. Too much other shit to worry about right now.