ingition knock box

Hi everyone.

I just heard a new idea I want to try.
bear with me on the explanation.  My friend and I were trying to
think of a way to get a different timing curve in our cis-e 16v cars.
cause 16v's don't really like more timing than stock.  ( I believe
that others on the list have also said that)   but on the other hand
cis-e 8v's love like 10 to 12 degrees.  So does anyone know if you
can use an 8v computer on a 16v car and advance the timing to 12
deg(for more torque of course) and still not have too much final
advance.  would be kind of like a 16v euro distributer.
anyone have any ideas or is doing this(I don't want to ruin your
secret)  anyone want to sell a golf 8v cis-e knock box cheap

Tony