Whats up?

Today I took my rocco to the garage to find out why it is hesitating and they tell me it the wire set....I say Ohhh ok I can put them on next he tells me ok they are $200 just for the part.....WTF I call someplace like pepboys or parts America and they say $140 OUCh why so much? Are they actually that special? Could I not get the Accel 8MM kit and make a set? They were also nice enough to tell me they believe my tranny is going out :), my reverse lights do not work, my clutch needs a pedal cover, my clutch cable is bad, my windsheild sprayers are broken, and my header leaks! Not a good financal day hehe....Ohh well anyone have any of these parts???? As far as the header what would be a good upgrade at this point? 86 16V BTW! Hell maybe I better ask what stock cost first!!!