Re: Skin Cancer

--- Joshua Strait <joshua13s@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am starting to notice some more rust spots on my car so I want to fix
> them before they become big rust spots.

Ugh, your car is black which makes these kinds of repairs all the more
difficult.

In the case of the door handles and tail lights, remove them, sand the
affected areas with 100 grit, then 220 grit sandpaper.  Prime with Rustoleum
or the like.

As for a final finish, that's a toughie.  Black is one of those unforgiving
colors - black cars look awesome during the 10-15 second interval between
clean and dirty.  What's worse is that they highlight every imperfection (both
my BMW and my truck are black, yes, I'm a glutton for punishment).  Your best
bet is to hit the repaired areas with VW black (color, not VW paint) - you'll
end up with a good 25 foot finish.  If you want anything else, plan on
painting the car sometime in the near future.
===
Matthew Yip
mgyip@yahoo.com

'87 GTi 0v