Skin Cancer

I am starting to notice some more rust spots on my car so I want to fix
them before they become big rust spots.  Under the hood lip, door
handles, and by the tail lights are some problem areas.  Any advice I
can get from the collective would be great.  Should I just dremel down
to bare metal, mask it off, spray on primer, spray on paint, wet sand,
spray on a clear coat protectant, and sand more to blend it to the
surrounding paint?? BTW my car is black.

I also want to say thanks to everyone who responded to my Q about
removing the front struts, I think I have my act together now!!

Josh

'88 16v Scirocco