SV: removing front struts

Drive by some tire shop/mechanic and ask them to loosen your
nuts with their air wrench. Usually with those tools you can get
it loose without the allen key in middle, if they succed tighten
it with hand tools and you should have no problem when changing
them a week later

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker

----------
> Från: Joshua Strait <joshua13s@hotmail.com>
> Till: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Ämne: removing front struts
> Datum:  den 5 april 1999 03:26
>
> I need some help.  I plan to replace my struts and shocks next
weekend,
> so yesterday I was sizing up the nuts and bolts I need to
remove them
> and I just started tinkering with the hex head flange nut that
is
> attached to the strut shaft (I think).  It is the one above
the strut
> bearing in the engine compartment.  Well, I found a socket to
hold the
> strut shaft nut so I could remove the little hex nut.  I put
WD-40 on it
> and Liquid Wrench on it and I tapped on it but it still won't
budge.
> What can I do??  I want to get them loosened so I can do the
job next
> weekend.  I twisted pretty hard, and it seems like I'm going
to bust my
> allen wrench before the hex screw breaks loose.
> BTW neither side will break loose.  The righty-tighty,
lefty-loosey rule