Cincinnati Meet - Update

Hey guys!
	Well, time is drawing closer, and people are starting to post stuff to the
list again, so it's time for an update of what's planned for the weekend.

	For those who don't know, this will be your chance to get to know the
faces behind the type, and the cars behind the hype.  The festivities begin
on or about Friday, May 7th, and will go until Sunday, May 9, 1999.  We're
meeting at the generous (and insane) Daun Yeagley's house in Wilmington,
Ohio, about a forty minutes northeast of Cincinnati, OH.

	We got some cool stuff planned for the weekend.  Get a load of this:

(1)  Besides Volkswagens, Daun's other passion is flying, and he lives
practically _on_ an airport.  Well, if I remember correctly from physics
class, PLANE + CRAZY PEOPLE = AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY.  Yep, we're planning on
taking all of our Sciroccos out and making a big VW symbol, and then
photographing it from a couple hundred feet in the air.  I'll take
addresses (and a couple bucks) from everyone who's interested, and I will
mail out 8x10 prints of the shoot to everyone.  How's that for cool?

(2) If you're interested in going and seeing the Cincinnati Reds game on
Friday night, there's a bunch of guys going.  I'm not, and Daun's not, so
don't ask us anything about it. :)  I'm pretty sure it's Jody Bailey who's
organizing that.

(3)  Of course, nothing is carved in stone, but we're planning to just all
hang out all day Saturday around Daun's ample acreage.  :)  We'll have a
nice cookout, and just get to know each other and each other's cars.  Those
who want to flex their 2.0 16v muscles will want to do this Saturday
evening, when the cops are out in full force. ;)

(4) Sunday morning, (yes, MORNING-- I know that's a vague concept for many
of us, me inluded) we'd like to do the aerial shot.  Lighting-wise and
flying-wise, the morning is by far the best time to go.  Of course, we'll
keep our eyes on the Weather Channel, and if Saturday winds up being
better, we'll do it then.

(5) After the aerial shot crap, it's CRUISE time. :)  Daun's out right now
with Ben Harder trying to find a fun route.  He's trying to find a route
that's about an hour drive through some really fun roads, and leads to a
park.  We'll convene at the park, and say our good-byes and stuff for those
who need to leave at a decent hour on Sunday afternoon.  Those staying will
return to Daun's for more boozing.. um.. I mean, hanging out. :)

And that's about it for the sheduling.  BYOB, of course, as they say.  And
don't forget, we're all guests in Daun's house, so we need to do our best
to make sure that it's in the same condition when we leave as it is when we
get there, or his parents will kill him *and* and all of us. :)

Daun reserved a block of 5 hotel rooms in a hotel about 3 miles down the
road.  The hotel's information is as follows:

Hotel is called "L&K", and the phone number is (937) 382-6605. Rates are
$47/night for 2 people, with each additional person being $5/night, plus
tax of course. Those wanting rooms will just have to let them know they
want one of Daun Yeagley's rooms and go from there.

We will post directions to Daun's house to the list in the coming weeks.
For those of you already planning your route, Daun's house is located
conveniently within 3 miles of I-71, at Exit 50.  If you can get to exit
50, you can get to Daun's... it's a breeze, so don't worry about getting
lost.

Here is the latest list of people who have told us they're coming.  If
you're interested in getting a hotel room, but don't know with whom, etc,
just email me directly, and I will put people together in a group.  This is
a list more of the "cars" that are coming.  Some of you specified that
you'll have a friend with you, I didn't mention that in there, because
we're trying to get an idea of how many cars are coming.  And let's face
it, we drive SCIROCCOs, so we know no car will arrive with more than 2
people in it. :)  (Well, 2 sane people. :)

Who:					Driving:		From:		Needs Hotel:	Carpooling?:

COMING FROM THE EAST:

Tony Pelletier 		BLACK 83		Maine			Y			Y
Chris Chemidlin		SILVER uGLI	New Jersey	Y			Y
Rich Zuk				RED 16v		New York City	Y			Y
Danny Sparco		RED 16v?		New York City	Y			Y
Richard Deede		BLACK 16v		Delaware		Y			Y
Jonas Miller			SILVER 16v	Baltimore		Y			Y
Pete Walsh			?				Pennsylvania	Y			Y
Carlyle Fitzgerald	GOLD 81		West VA		Y			Y
Paul Maione 			SILVER 86		Montreal		Y			Y
Nigel Heron			BLACK Wolfie	Montreal		Y			Y
Joel Leclerc			?				Montreal		Y			Y
Jason Cammisa		SILVER 16v	Pennsylvania	N			N
Scott McNew			BLUE GLI		Pennsylvania	N			N

COMING FROM THE NORTH:

Jim Jarrett			GREEN Passat	Rochester NY	Y			Y
Brett Van Sprew...	WHITE 16v		Rochester NY	Y			Y
Joshua Conner		RED 16v		Columbus OH	Y			Y
Perry					Cabbie			Ontario		Y			Y
Kareem Baddour		RED 16v		Ontario		Y			Y
Michael Helms		?				Ontario		Y			Y
Verne Harris			BROWN Wolfie	Ontario		N			Y
Jason Brunberg		?				Ontario		N			Y
James Hathaway		Cabbie			Ontario		N			Y
Scott Orme			Jetta Cpe		Ontario		N			Y

COMING FROM THE SOUTH:

Jamie Spurlock		GREY 81		Kentucky		Y			Y

COMING FROM THE WEST:

Shannon Fenton		RED 16v		Iowa			Y			Y
Stewart Nixon		WHITE 16v		Michigan		Y			Y
Neal Tovsen			RED 16v		Minnesota		Y			Y
John Van Vuren		?				Wisconsin		N			Y
Riley McDowall		RED 16v		BC				N			Y
Owen Rabey			RED 16v		Alberta			N			Y
Jody Bailey			BLACK 16v?	Saskatchuan	N			Y

NOT DRIVING / MISSING INFORMATION:

Matt Markowicz		16v			??				Y			Y

Ellen Northam 		?				Ohio			N			N
Daun Yeagley		Too Many		Ohio			N			N
Ben Harder			BLACK 16v		Ohio			N			N

Okay, that's 35 people.  Of those, 22 people need hotel rooms, and many are
bringing friends who aren't listed.  If everyone shows up that I have
listed, this will be well over 40 people.  That means we're going to need
more than the 5 rooms Daun's reserved.  My suggestion is that you email
those people you want to "room" with, and make arrangements to reserve a
room together... and get your reservations now, before it's booked.

If you don't know anyone, email me (jason@scirocco.org) with your name,
email address, where you're coming from, the number of people in your
party, and when you're planning on arriving and leaving, and I will do
4-people-to-a-room assignments for you.

If anyone has any questions/concerns/rants/raves, please post them to the
list, or to Daun or I.

If you're on the list and you won't be able to make it, please email me and
let us know.
If you're planning on coming, and are not on the list, please email me and
let us know!

Counting down the days, and I hope you're all as psyched about this as I am!

Jason