Re: 4.25 Final Drive

Yeah, you know, I've batted this idea about a million times now. What *is*
the proper gear choice, though. The War Piggy (with worked Audi 2.0l 8v) can
always use some more torque and since the second gear synchro is starting to
frag itself... But the thing is, if you go too high on the final drive, the
first gear becomes pretty much unuseable. And then your back to having a five
speed. :^(

There's only one 1st gear ratio for us to choose from. So, what's the dilly?
Regardless, I've run the beloved CarTest program and came up with the
following combination:

Final drive: 4.25
1st: 3.45
2nd: 2.12
3rd: 1.44
4th: 1.13
5th: .91

Of course, this would be unbearable for the street but of course that's not
the Pig's idea of fun. Then again, there is my project Scirocco. Anyone have
a suggestion for the ultimate low final drive *street* 5-speed?

--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut