Re: Parts in Toronto

> The best place in Toronto for Volkswagen parts is Hayman Motors in the
> north end.  They actually wouldn't be too far from York University, if
> that's where you live ...

	i'll have to disagree with you on this one.  basically, if you know
them personally, they're a good place to turn for parts.  otherwise, i
wouldn't trust them.  i think that you got lucky.

	the horror stories from that place are too numerous to list.  there was
a guy on the list at one time who had his car upgraded in some way at
hayman.  two weeks later, the car was stolen from his driveway, and
found a couple weeks later at a place that is somehow connected to
hayman.  then came the massive bust (that strangely never found its way
to the major toronto newspapers, but was quite well known to quite a few
of us in the TO VW community) when they found all kinds of stolen parts.

	i've heard that they have all kinds of connexions in the US, namely in
Florida.

	a vw mechanic friend of mine says that he'll sell anything to hayman,
but would _never_ buy from them, cuz he knows what goes on there.
absolutely every part sold comes with a receipt equipped with a very
large stamp that states "NO REFUND" "NO EXCHANGE" "NO WARRANTY" "NO
REFUND".  i spose that it is kinda hard to properly backup a part that
was stolen off of someone else's car.

	this is, of course, MHO on this topic.  if you dispute it, you dispute
it.  no worries, you cannot sway my opinion.  thanks.

jason
the mad bastard
- --