A/C to No A/C - Free at last!

I successfully completed my A/C to no A/C conversion last night (at least
as far as the engine compartment goes - the stuff on the inside of the
car is still a/c)

In addition to all the brackets and pulleys from a non a/c car, I had to
do the following:

drill a hole in the inner timing belt shield (to allow access to the new
location of the alternator pivot bolt).

install a washer on the passenger side of the alternator (to give 1mm
additional clearance for the alternator "fan" - which was rubbing that
damn inner (next to cyl head) timing belt shield)

I got the alt. brackets (bolts to block) and the adjuster off a Rabbit
(no a/c)
I got the alt. pulley off the same.
I got the crank pulley off the same.
I ordered a non a/c waterpump pulley from Potterman for a 30mm WP hub
(the rabbit had a 40mm hub).
I got an alt. belt for a no a/c Scirocco.

The part # for the no a/c waterpump pulley is 026 121 031

Special thanks to Mike Potterman for supplying the parts I needed and
confirming my theories!

Mark . . .
Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
Scirocco 1978 (Kristen's)
Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/marc.htm