RE: [tech] [tranny swaps] [A2 to A1]

That's good info about the 79, hopefully you won't have to swap the hubs.

I got lucky with mine because the guy I bought the 16V driveshafts from
also had the hubs.  I ended up going back to him when I found out that the
driveshafts didn't fit and he sold me both steering knuckles complete with
16V rotors and clipers for only $35.

Oh, the other thing you will need to swap out is the backup light/upshift
light switch from your old tranny to the new one.  My 86 9A didn't have the
same pin setup as the 82 FN code tranny that I had in before.

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop