From: Ryan Schuermann <rts@nol.net>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Date: Sunday, September 27, 1998 11:31 PM
Subject: Re: Corrado Royalty

Corrado? What Corrado? I don't own no steekin Corrado!

I'll admit Corrados kick ass. The car is a work of art, and still
looks more modern than most cars rolling off the assmebly line.

If the C didn't cost 2x as much to upkeep as a S I'd pick the C
anyday, but there's just something basically correct in thought;
Why buy 1 C part when you can have 1 S part , and a spare!

If VW had shaved off 500lbs, thrown security out the window and
installed crappy air bags (which could be removed), THEN it would be
a whole different story. The S is a great sports car, but if you have
the money and the means, wouldn't you rather have your significant
other driving in a C when the Crown Vic. T-bones her?? the C is a
different class of car and most drivers of Cs are a different class
of people, they buy it for the refinement, the modern features, the
security, wheres we want to feel the road, be able to manhandle our
roccos feel like were driving a f-18 hornet compared to leer jet.

all different people drive all different VWs, yer gonna run into a
few prudes in ever car, there just happens to be less Corrados, so it
seems to happen more maybe?

Ryan
AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooo Aaaaaooooooooooooo...Our Sediments Exactly
(passat commercial)..was just on TV heh

> Ryan, as a Corrado owner...........we are not worthy..rightt!
>
> ----------
> >

> > I'd have to agree, as I'm one who now owns a Corrado.  I think I'm one
of
> > the few that still waves at all the other VW's on the road. There's
> > nothing better than striking up a conversation w/ a GTI or Scirocco
owner
> > who seems totally surprized to have me talkin' to them. I love asking
what
> > they've done to their car, etc, etc, etc...
> >
> > >From my experience, there just isn't that same comaradarie(sp?) among
> > Corrado owners -- at autox's I've talked much greater lengths of time
than
> > I have w/ corrado owners. I know that "what the hell?" reaction all too
> > well.
> >
> > Scirocco owners truly DO have a connection!
> >
> > Mr. Fenton can tell ya all about Corrado bone-heads, right Shannon? :)
> >
> > ~Christopher
> >
> > On Sat, 26 Sep 1998 EurotekVW@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > |Well, you see...the problem was right there in front of your eyes. He
also
> > |owns a CORRADO. I don't know what it is about that car, but all who own
one
> > |seem to think they are royalty or something. I mean there are some good
ones
> > |out there, but for the most part Corrado owners are a breed of their
own.
> > |Someone once told me that was the next progression of ownership for
Scirocco

scirocco-L-request@scirocco.org,