RE: Gear crunch...

- ---Jason <jason@scirocco.org> wrote:

> ...Before everything is at normal
> operating temperature, you should never be revving your engine over
3k to
> begin with.  In fact, there is a whole different driving style that
you
> should be adopting when your engine is cold...
> ...I know I am gonna piss a lot of people off with this, but it
needs to
> be said...

You're not alone on this one Jason.

One thing that makes matters even worse is a short-shift kit. Take a
cold car, maximum reduction (ANY reduction, for that matter), and an
inattentive driver, and that poor 2nd gear sychro is in Hell. If
you've ever been blissfully eating a burger and bit your
tongue--WHANG!--you know what your transmission goes through on a cold
morning if you aren't extra gentle.

Yeah, love your car and it'll love you back.

Scott