Re: yellow bigbody scirocco

I have to agree. Any VW or Audi driver who comes into my store and has the
great fortune to have me wait on them usually gets one hell of a good deal.
Ask the guy I sold an Audi door handle. Should have gotten 50-some odd
bucks for it- sold it to him for $41.00 plus tax. This was a German-made
door handle in an Audi labeled bag. Came with a lock and keys, too. It'll
look good when he gets it totally done. The car is a 4000 quattro, and he
got it for $1100. Grrrrrr.

zach
86 8v

- ----------
> From: Wm. Josiah Erikson <josiah@gsinet.net>
> To: Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Re: yellow bigbody scirocco
> Date: Saturday, September 26, 1998 6:09 PM
>
> There's totally a connection. I called up my local junkyard the other day
to ask
> if they had any Scirocco hoods, because I knew a lot of people on the
list wanted
> them. He said, "Nah, all of us stupid Scirocco drivers seem to hit things
a lot,
> don't we?"
> I said, "Oh yeah you drive one, too, don't you? I'm surprised you
remembered that
> I did."
>     He said, "Heck yeah. I remember everybody who drives a Scirocco.
We're all
> connected, you know? (laugh)"
>     This is just a random guy at a junkyard 1/2 hour away... pretty cool.
I like
> driving VW's... it's like everybody who has one is cool. There's this big
> community of VW drivers in my town and they all come over to my house to
hang out
> and get parts... it's neat.
>     -Josiah
>     '84 GTi
>     '86 Scirocco (for sale)
>     '87 QSW
>     http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah
>     lots of VW parts and other stuff for sale at:
>     http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah/forsale/forsale.html
>
> Kevin Collins wrote:
>
> > sead wrote:
> >
> > > i was wondering if anyone knows a guy in vancouver, BC that has a
yellow
> > > scirocco with a bigbody kit, you know, the wide fenders.  i've always
> > > thought that there is a connection between scirocco drivers so when i
> > > pulled up to this guy, i nodded and waved.  the guy just looked at me
> > > probably thinking "what the fuck do you want?  can't you see that i'm
mr
> > > cool and i have a bigbody kit and you have only a front spoiler?"  so
> > > felt like a loser with the way he looked at me.  maybe it just looked
> > > funny to him, because the girl in the passenger seat was beating on
me
> > > at the same time.
> >
> > HE was the knob.  A friendly greeting like yours, which was OBVIOUSLY
related
> > to your cars' relation, should have been acknowledged in some better
manner
> > than to look at you like some sort of dork.  He just doesn't get it!
Probably