Re: Gear crunch when shifing into 2nd

In a message dated 9/24/98 1:42:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bdove@mks.com
writes:

<< -- first of all let's start by
 saying I know how to drive standard cars so I'm positive it's not just
 plain user error. What is happening is that I can shift as fast/hard as
 I want in all other gears, but when I shift into 2nd (particularily when
 its cold) I have to take great care to slowly move the shifter into 2nd
 or else I'll get a nasty crunch. Any ideas why this is happening.
 Thanks.

 -Brandon Dove >>

Switch to synthetic and you won't have that problem anymore... at least I
don't.  I got 2 quarts of Spectro from Techtonics 2 years ago.  I replaced all
of the seals at the same time and have had no leaks and no grinding even in
winter.  HTH
Dan May
8716VScirocco 94.5Tacoma4x4
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87