Re: Speedo conversion

>> Does anyone have any experience with putting 120mph speedo in a rocco
that has
>> an 85mph? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Frank
>

>Well, I've personally replaced a 140mph with a 160mph in my 16v, and
I've
>done an 85mph to 120mph in a friends' (Jim) rabbit convertible.  Both
>work very well, as verified multiple times with those radar signs, and
>against other vehicles.  If you need info on how to remove your gauge
>cluster and take it apart, check out the 'Instructions' portion of my
>web page at www.freeyellow.com/members2/da-studios.
>
>==Brett

Did you seperate the speedo and swap it in or did you just replace the
whole cluster?  I broke the gas and h20 temp gauges in my GLI's cluster
when I removed it and opened it up to remove a goofy tokico sticker and
a dead bumble-bee (?).  I just replaced the cluster with one out of a
Jetta GL and its an 85mph, as the GLI came with the 120.
If its not a big deal (I'm a little wary, now that Ive broken one
cluster), Ill swap in the old speedo, but otherwise I have to
remember....65...75...85...prepare for ticket...prepare to lose
license...prepare to lose life...etc...etc...

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen