Re: The 2L 16v project moves ahead

> While we are talking about 2.0's.  does anyone know what they do to
> get 2.1 liters?  just curious.  probably way more than I can afford.
> Might as well go for broke.  Keep up posted on the project Brett.  I
> know I will be rebuilding a 2.0 shortly. ( I just need to find a car
> to stuff it in.)
>
> Tony

Yup.  2.1L is acheived by using a 95.5mm crank in a 2L block (92.8mm is stock 2L)
and 83.5mm pistons.  This yeilds 2092cc displacement, pretty much 2.1L.  I believe
that the 95.5mm crank can be had from some late model turbo diesels...can anyone
confirm or deny this? BTW, you can figure displacement in cc's using this formula:
(bore x bore x stroke x PI (3.14159)) / 1000.  I'll keep everyone updated on how
things are going.

==Brett
- --