Re: roc got worked.

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 01:23:29 PDT "sead causevic" <sead69@hotmail.com>
writes:
>so after my triumph against the prelude this weekend, i was felin tough.

>my friend has an 82 1.6 and he wanted to see how he'd do against me.
>so he was ahead of me till we hit 60mph.  i mean a carlength ahead of
me.

What? a 1.6L in an 82? Hmm, interesting.

>his POS rocco whaled me.  what the hell?  can someone give me an
>explanation?  well i rode in his car after that and the fucker really
>shifts fast.  i mean, i've never seen anyone shift that fast and smooth.

>my car is A LOT funner, but i can't accept that he was ahead of me.  i
>really need an explanation...sob...
>sead
>86 8v

Well, not to piss you off or anything but it sounds like it was a better
driver? If his car was a POS, then I cant explain how it beat you. What
kind of work has been done on the 82? Short shift kit? Mods?? Just stock?

Just because it might LOOK bad and it being a small 1.6L doesnt mean it
cant be fast. I know of at least 3  1.6L motors (one MK-I Roc and 2
Rabbits) that put out over 190-200+ hp. Not much torque but alot of HP.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and