FW: Warm Fuzzies

- --This was supposed to be sent several days ago, but I've had
- --some mail server problems. Interesting story, so I still
- --wanted to send it...

(in my best tough-guy accent) OK, so I'm gonna get all warm and fuzzie on
y'all, but I just gotta relate this story:

Today was about the most beautiful day of the year so far in Minnesota. I
cut out of work early so I
could do some driving and catch some fresh air.

As I merged onto I394 to head into Minneapolis, I saw a Scrocco (dark red 8v
with 13" wheels and the 16v-style spoiler...'86??) a ways back in my
rear-view mirror. He was driving a little erratically, and I was just about
to pass him off as a little reckless (ah, but aren't we all!), when he
pulled along side me, honked his horn, and waved, making obvious reference
to our cars. I waved back and returned the jesture, and we went on our way.
And he did so at normal speed, making it real obvious that he had done all
that work to get through traffic just to wave at me...

Though I thought him a little goofy for driving so hard just to do that, I
couldn't help but enjoy my drive even more because of it.

I always thought it would be cool to drive one of those cars that had enough
of a "following" that fellow owners, though complete strangers, would feel
some sort of connection. This is probably the forth or fifth such experience
I've had in the past four weeks that I've owned the car, and I find that to
be the best part about my Scirocco. They may not be Porsches or Ferraris,
but people (even non-Scirocco owners) notice them, and everyone I've talked
to that has owned one has thought it a great car.

I'm glad I got a Scirocco (thanks Greg!).

Neal
Tornado Red '88 16v

- --