Re: Noise

At 23:21 9/20/98 -0400, C-man wrote:
>I had a noise start up a day or two ago. It increases with the speed of the
>car and is coming from the right front. The tone only changes when I am in a
>turn. Louder one way than the other. I think that it is possibly a wheel
>bearing gone bad? Will check it out tomorrow.

I had a wheel bearing (actually 2) go out cuz 1) the inside of the carriage
has been previously? spun and 2) I wasn't torquing to 175 freakin' foot
pounds.  My symptoms were quite obvious.  One day when cruising down the
hwy, I felt a grinding coming from the left front.  It was really more of a
low rumble, I guess.  I could still drive around town, but on the freeway,
it sounded and felt horrible.  Upon further examination, the wheel bearing
fell out of the carriage (because the carriage was fucked-up) and the
bearing itself fell apart.  That was a big clue!  Hope this helps.

Dan

  mailto:nowlan@flash.net
  http://www.flash.net/~nowlan/

- --