Re: Help Needed

From:          "lerb" <lerb@redrose.net>
To:            "Scirocco List" <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Subject:       Help Needed
Date:          Fri, 18 Sep 1998 05:02:31 -0400

I wish I lived closer.  You can never get enough of engine
swapping!!!

Hey there wouldn't be any nice 16v's in town( That might motivate me
for the trip. hehe.... always looking.)

Tony

    Ok guys this is a scream out of desperation! I live in PA...does anyone
have any time to help (and teach a highly mechanical fundamental background
person) drop 2 1.8s into vehicles? I have a 83 rabbit I need to get running
and I would like to drop a 1.8 into my rocco till I get the 2.1 completed
(sometime in spring. BUT the problem is that I need to get the rabbit
running before I can put the scirocco off of the road to be able to redo
suspension/brakes/body work needed/interior/alarm/stereo/enginework/Trans
and anything else I would like to do....I want to learn how to take an
engine out and all. I could probably do it myself but I was hopping to get
someone even with slightly more knowledge than I have to at least point me
in the right directions as it gets done. I don't really have all that much
money to give someone to help me but I do own a Motel and all expenses for
your stay (if needed) could be accommodated (no Meze I wont fly you in to PA
hehe).I know there are allot of listers within a tri state area of me and I
was just hoping someone would be able to help me to learn instead of having
to run to a mechanic to have these swapped.

                        Looking for a teacher
                                Mike

Http://www.netjunkies.net/lrb
Updated  with pics of my car!