Re: Vibration at Idle - Cure?

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 00:16:48 +0000 Michael Ravnitzky
<mikerav@ix.netcom.com> writes:

>At idle, it runs at about 1000 rpm, and has a heck of a vibration. Very
>annoying.  When I run it up to 1200 rpm, no more, no less, the vibration
>stops and it just hums.  How tough is it to tweak it up to 1200 rpm?
>Is that the best way to fix this problem?

No Mike, its not. You would only be putting a band aid on a bullet wound.

The best way to fix it would be to replace on or more of the motor
mounts. That, more than likely on a used Scirocco, is your problem. GL!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and