Re: I have a leak!!!

Uh-oh... I think I'm replying to too many messages again... back to my
old bad habits... eh, but I'm being useful, I think : )
I would be it's leaking in through your driver's door. Maybe your vapor
barrier is broken (have you installed speakers in your doors and ripped
it apart?), and the drains in the bottom of your door are blocked up.
Maybe your weatherstripping has problems, or maybe your window seal is
broken. In any case, I would bet that the drain(s) in the bottom of your
driver's door are broken.
Other possibilities...
maybe it's leaking in through your rear 1/4 window? Check around it for
rust and bad rubber. I'm just thinking this because you mention that
your spare tire well got water in it, too...
You could also be leaking at your windshield... that's a common problem.
Check all the rubber. Basically, just walk around the car and check all
of the rubber gaskets, and look at the bottoms of your doors... are
there visible drains? If not, I'd drill some if I were you- they need to
be there!
    GL!
    -Josiah

- --
 '83 Scirocco (not for long!)
 '84 Rabbit GTi (running again)
 '86 Scirocco
 '87 QSW
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah
 I have lots of VW (especially A1) stuff for sale at:
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah/forsale/forsale.html

Bonnie E. Muscavitz wrote:

>  i own an 88 rocco and here is what is happening...  when even i get a
> relativly large rain storm, i end up with a puddle in my drivers side
> back seat floor.  It doesn't matter if the car is parked with the
> drivers side up or down.(like on a hill.)  it still end's up in teh
> drivers side back seat floor.  nothing seems to be getting wet iin the
> front except when i wetn to go wash my car the other day,  i noticed a
> puddle on my drivers side front floor mat (they're plastic.)  all of
> the drian tubes are clear.  then if i get a hard enough rain storm, i
> will get a puddle in the spare tire well.  it got so bad i had to take
> my speakers out of the trunk because the box turned to mush.  (that
> pissed me off...)  i would like to fix this problem as easily as
> possible, but as i have found out from personal experiances, that is
> not always true.thanx a bunch,corey

- --