Re: Weird Problem

On Sep 17, 12:18am, Rich Deede----TOOL FAN wrote:
> Subject: Weird Problem
> I have a real problem that occurs every so often that I could use some
> help diagnosing.  Once in a while when I put my right turn signal on it
> will be fine but when I hit the brake it freezes but then If i release the
> brake the blinker starts going again and stops again if I hit the brake,
> and so on and so on.  It only happens with the right signal and when it
> happens the turn signal indicator stays on.

Disclaimer - I've never fixd this on a rocco, but it sounds like a problem I've
had on other cars.

Check the earth connection for your right-hand rear light cluster - it's
probably corroded. This is the same problem that makes For Escort (do you get
those?) brake lights flash with the indicators, and makes my Citroen warn me of
a defective rear light when I indicate.

When the extra current is flowing through the brake light circuit, the "earth"
point voltage rises - because you have grown a new resistor there. This means
that the flasher circuit doesn't have a proper earth - so it fails.

HTH

Vic.
- --