16v throttle body porting

ok, i had a throttle body on one of my car apart and i was curious if
anyone did and porting to the plate at the beginning of the throttle body
(which is a seperate piece, and seems different than the bigger throttle
bodies i've seen on the A2 cars...same size, just different design....or i
coudl be wrong...)...anyway, has anyone ground down the little humps in
the middle of this plate...to make it more like a straight pass through
adapter plate?....if not, does anyone think/know if this would be a bad
thing?......it doesnt appear that it would mess thing up, but i really
dont kwow alot about engine airflow design from an engineering point of
view.....

just had too much time on my hands to think bout this today ;)

dave

- --