Re: 16v throttle body porting

well looking into the t-body with adapter plate attached, it is
beveled to split the air somewhat,much what the Corrado t-body is
missing and is the mod thatI do to corrado t-bodys along with porting
out the attachment piece. On the scirocco you might get away with
making sure the two pieces are flush all around, as i believe there
is a small lip felt,  and blending in the two pieces in the middle of
the venturis, especially that thin flat piece, pointing it and taking
it down a cm in the middle, beveling the adapter 'nipples' pointier
is sure to increase airflow..maybe 5%, at most maybe 10%, won't hurt.

optimum is the weber large t-body..just one big O like the VR6.
What I would like to see other than one custom manifold on that
yellow Golf Supercharged 16v is a large chamber, short runner intake
manifold. I guess the demand isn't high. But you realizethe shorter
the runners are the larger the rpm range in which resonance intake
effect is available. You will definitly loose a lot of low end
torque, but at the top rpm range where the 16v really has it's power,
the car will scream! Face it our non-tuned runner manifolds suck. You
go with a large chamber w/the t-body mounted in the middle back,
strait and let the intake tube do the 90deg bend beforehand nets you
equal ammounts of air at the same velocity entering all combustion
chambers. Then you can even get fancy like the variable manifold
resonance (but too much $$$ probably)

Ryan

ryan