Re: Voltmeter

Brian Honnold wrote:

> How do ya'll have your voltmeters hooked up?  I just plugged mine into
> the same power wire that runs to the oil temp guage and I get some
> funky  readings.  Like 13 when cold, 12 when the fan comes on and a
> jumpy needle with the turn signals.

Well, mine is hooked up stock like this: BLUE AND WHITE striped wire
that is hot when the ignition is on and a BROWN wire that's the ground
to the back of the gauge.  I normally run about 13.2 volts with the car
on, everything else off.  With the a/c fan on 2 or 3, I run about 12.6
volts.  With the headlights on, too, about 12.0 or sometimes as low as
11.8 volts.  Blinkers make it flop back and forth about ‡ a volt
anytime.  This help?  Btw, thanks for the front mount.  (I stopped by
the "boneyard" to pick up the front mount socket.  I'm set.  Now if it
would just quit raining....)  Later, hombre.

Dan
'86 8v red martian

   mailto:nowlan@flash.net
   http://www.flash.net/~nowlan/