Good, bad and the ugly.

Hi everyone,

I got my car back today.  What a rush.  For that single moment in time, I
had the cleanest, sparkliest, happiest Scirocco in all the world.  The
silver is just perfect; understated enough to keep from looking garish,
but bright enough to attract looks.  I almost started crying I was so
happy.  Pictures on my web site to follow very soon.

Later tonight, I stopped for a few groceries.  Upon returning to my
beloved car, I discovered a fairly deep 1" scratch on the roof.  How in
God's name someone managed to scratch it enough to put a small dent in the
sheet metal is beyond me.  Being relatively small, it's not all that
noticable ... but fuck, am I mad!

After a shouting match with God, I have decided my car will have to spend
another week in the shop, getting fixed.  I am hoping that this can be
fixed without having to strip a significant portion of the roof.  I mean,
it was literally painted last week ... this can be fixed relatively
easily, right?

- -- Michael Helms

'81 Scirocco - the fixer-upper
'86 Scirocco - the scratched daily driver

Web Site:  http://www.continuum.org/helms

- --