Re: HELP PLEASE problems w/ new engine

cool, thanks!
I got the t-bearing done today at my dads, not too hard, only took 2 hours. :)
	The reason i didn't put da new one in while the tranny was out was because
it was labor day, and I couldn't get ahold of a new green thing! 	"It'll be
allright" i said. heh, I HAD to say that..
Old pushrod looked good, not bent, the ends weren't mushroomed or galled.
Runs killer now, except when i push the clutch in, the revs still drop. 16v
pp i guess

Dude, i hate working on hondas! it takes a few hours of driving a VW to
cure me after i help my friend with his Integra!
My car is almost perfect now. Just gotta get the wheels balanced, it sucks
not being able to got above 65. Then i'll fix the very minor oil pan leak.

At 01:01 PM 9/10/98 EDT, Shawn C MezeMan wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Sep 1998 01:12:21 -0700 Kevin FryGuy writes:
					   	    ^^^ you punk!
>>Small oil pan leak. new german gasket and the bolts were all torqued to
>>bently specs. I tried to tighten them all a little bit, but I couldn't
>get
>>to the few inbetween the engine and tranny, even w/ a long extension and
>>u-joint. How can I put a wrench or socket on these??
>

>1/4" drive 10mm socket, long extension. Thats how ive done mine over the
>years. Bring it over and you can use my tools.
>

>>When i push the clutch in, there is a drag in the motor and the revs
>drop
>>a bit. Could this be release bearing? because my release bearing just
>>started making a ticking noise when I put the clutch in. The bearing is
>>over 4 years old at least, so i'm going change it tommorow, is there
>anyway
>>to get to it without dropping the tranny?? Could someone tell me exactly
>>how to do it please? :)
>

>its inside the green cap. Unbolt the tranny mount, allow the tranny to
>hang enough to allow the creen cap to be accessable thru the driver side
>wheel well.
>(Buy a new cap first. If you dont get one, there is Vee Parts down the
>street from me. Im sure they have a few in stock.)
>Pry off the cap (read, destroy the cap most of the time.) and everything
>is right there. You gotta take off a few other things but its all right
>there. Its easy to do actually. Im shocked you didnt do this before the
>build up?
>
>Did you use a new pushrod?
>
>I spent the last 2 days changing the clutch on a 2.0L Prelude so my boss
>gave me the day off to recover from all the bad Honda vibes I picked up
>off the car. Im home all day if you want to come over and do those fixes.
>I think you owe me "kash"  too, dont you? :) J/K.
>lemme know.
>

>              Shawn Meze
>86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
>The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
>best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego!
>http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1308/index.htm

>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

- --
"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S
      San Diego, CA
- --