Re: HELP PLEASE problems w/ new engine

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998 01:12:21 -0700 Kevin FryGuy writes:

>Small oil pan leak. new german gasket and the bolts were all torqued to
>bently specs. I tried to tighten them all a little bit, but I couldn't
get
>to the few inbetween the engine and tranny, even w/ a long extension and
>u-joint. How can I put a wrench or socket on these??

1/4" drive 10mm socket, long extension. Thats how ive done mine over the
years. Bring it over and you can use my tools.

>When i push the clutch in, there is a drag in the motor and the revs
drop
>a bit. Could this be release bearing? because my release bearing just
>started making a ticking noise when I put the clutch in. The bearing is
>over 4 years old at least, so i'm going change it tommorow, is there
anyway
>to get to it without dropping the tranny?? Could someone tell me exactly
>how to do it please? :)

its inside the green cap. Unbolt the tranny mount, allow the tranny to
hang enough to allow the creen cap to be accessable thru the driver side
wheel well.
(Buy a new cap first. If you dont get one, there is Vee Parts down the
street from me. Im sure they have a few in stock.)
Pry off the cap (read, destroy the cap most of the time.) and everything
is right there. You gotta take off a few other things but its all right
there. Its easy to do actually. Im shocked you didnt do this before the
build up?

Did you use a new pushrod?

I spent the last 2 days changing the clutch on a 2.0L Prelude so my boss
gave me the day off to recover from all the bad Honda vibes I picked up
off the car. Im home all day if you want to come over and do those fixes.
I think you owe me "kash"  too, dont you? :) J/K.
lemme know.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and