Re: valve cover gasket

or you are seriously overtightneing the valve
>cover. Cork gaskets dont like a whole lot of torque as it is and I dont
>think the torque for the nuts is even 14ft. lbs.

Heh, all too easy to overtorque the nuts.  Saw the torque value in my old
Bentley two days ago, a Bently for 75-77 Rabbits and Sciroccos - 4.3 foot
pounds.  That's right, four and three tenths foot pounds.  I'd go check if
my book were'nt in a box in Boulder, but I'm 99.9% sure that's what it
said!  Scary, huh?

I.Mannix(I have a rubber one, too - works great....)

- --