Re: valve cover gasket

I have no gunk on the mating surfaces of either cover or head and the
valve cover does not look messed up, I haven't taken a straighedge to
either surface or anything.

did I type 75 ft-lbs.?   I meant to type 7.5 ft-lbs. which in the immortal
words of my grandpa is just about handshaking force.

more later...