Re: UK GTXs - please help!

Some points to check:

Noisy/erratic sounding fuel pump (located under floor, just in front of
the driver's side rear wheel) - a new one will set you back £125 from
the dealer

Check that the sunroof works OK and that there are no signs of leaks -
the sunroof drain pipes run down the four corner pillars and can get
blocked. the water overflows down the headcloth/pillars or drips on your
head.  It's a real pain if you have to start mucking about with it.

Check that the MFA is okay - another £100 or so to get repaired.

Check starting from cold, if possible: if it is rough when cold but OK
when warmed-up, the warm-up regulator is probably clogged-up /faulty.

As a general point, check the carpet for dampness as the sciroccos are
prone to leaks through the windscreen seal & grommets in the bulkhead.
Check that water has not been leaking onto the fusebox - pull out one or
two of the top row of relays and check for signs of corrosion on the
connectors.

There's probably loads more but I can't think off the top of my head...

Cheers...

P.S. whereabout in Scotland are you?

>From: EGJ123@aol.com
>Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 07:01:30 EDT
>To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
>Subject: UK GTXs - please help!
>
>Hi,
>well, I didn't get any reaction to my query about the GTX model, anyone
at all
>in the UK have one that they can tell me about?  Bear in mind that I'd
be
>upgrading from my current 1.8 GT.  The cars are the same age, its just
that
>the GTX has MUCH lower mileage on it than my car.  And BTW, add me to
the list
>of Scottish owners, I make that a grand total of 3 on the list so
far...

>Jamie
>http://members.aol.com/egj123
>
>--