16V Top Speed Question! (Was : floor mats & MKII top speed)

I just got some black ABT mats with red lettering put in my Rocco 16V.  I think
that they're pretty cool!  Strangly enough, I've also top-speed ran my car.
Listen to this!  I can pull up to 170/180km/h FAST, then it crawls up to maybe
195km/h and at that point, I was running out of safe road, so I only pushed it
a little further...  I'd say that I didn't even hit 200km/h.  Considering my
car is far from stock (2.0L / ported & polished), why could this be?  Do I
simply need more time to accellerate up there, or could I have an intake
problem!  My thought on this was maybe the O2 sensor, (its shot) and wouldn't
that make my 16V run VERY lean when at full throttle and dancing in the high
revs?  Com'on you fellow Scirocco lovers, why does my Scirocco not like the
high speeds?  And one more thing, when I had the 1.8L bottom end, I used to
have a power line that looked climb rapidly all the way to 7200, and now it
climbs hard to 5500 or 6000, then it feels like she's wheezing for air,
suddenly from 6500 to 6900 she has a lot more power, then 6900 - 7200 is week
again!  Could this be my O2 sensor?  I plan to get a new O2 sensor, injectors,
injector seals, and a power modlue to help correct this.  Will it work?  What
speeds has everyone else achieved in their 16V's?  (Dare I ask?)

Thanks for your time!

- --> Jason "Honda Killer (Up to 175km/h) Miller :)