Re: 16V Top Speed Question! (Was : floor mats & MKII top speed)

Hey, what about the air filter?  Sounds too simple, but I know when I
changed mine (after a very long time!) that it sounded a lot healthier.  I
think it might have even performed a little better after the change.  It
went from sounding like a puny 4-cylinder motor in a Rabbit, for instance,
to sounding like a carbureted V6 with four barrels wide open.

Just as a side note I got my '86 8v up to about 95 mph last night on the
way home from a drink-athon when I ran out of good accelerating freeway.
(I know, real good idea, huh?)  Hey, I never said I was smart.  :)

Dan

  mailto:nowlan@flash.net
  http://www.flash.net/~nowlan/

- --