Re: floor mats & MKII top speed

On Sun, 06 Sep 1998 14:53:05 -0500 "Daniel A. Nowlan" <nowlan@flash.net>
writes:
>Hey, guys, what's up?  I have two questions for y'all:
>
>First, I just realized (yes, after having my car for just under 3 years)
>that I don't have any floor mats.  Are there any out there that look
pretty
>cool in the MKII?  I doubt I could find "Scirocco" mats, but what about
>"Volkswagen" or just some other cool ones?  Am I stuck getting plain
black
>and/or grey ones, or does something else look nice on that interior
color
>scheme?

I have only seen one set of floor mats for a MK-I (In the MK-I font) that
said, "Scirocco". They were black mats with red lettering. Looked really
nice.
My Girlfriend bought a set of VW logo floor mats that I think are really
nice. They fit my car perfectly. She got them from the swap meet, one of
those seat cover, dash cover, fuzzy steering wheel cover selling places.

>Second, I'd like to know about the top speed of a stock MKII 8v.  As a
>couple of you may recall from earlier in the week, I lost part of my
>linkage and front motor mount all of my rear motor mount trying to
>establish a good 0-60 time.  This time I'd rather just take someone's
>word for what the top speed of these things is.  :)
>
>Thanks!
>
>Dan
>'86 8v red martian

Stock and in good running condition, id say from 110 mph to 118mph.
YSMV.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and