Re: suspension problems / Jamex Bump Stops

At 11:27 AM 9/3/98 -0700, Ewan Hopkins wrote:
>I am having problems getting an acceptable suspension set-up with
>current install: H&R 55mm drop springs with Boge Pro-gas shocks on an
>'85 Storm.

Hi Ewan,
	I know we discussed this before, because I have a similar setup- but I
just noticed one thing.  You said you have the Boge ProGas; I thought you
had the TurboGas.
	I get a little bit of bounce on my TurboGas, which are now about 3 months
old... They were just splendid fot about the first month- and they've
gotten progressively softer, which pisses me off.  I also have the H&R
springs on my car (an 87 16v)
	If you have the ProGas, be warned that I was told you should not use those
shocks with lowering springs, as there's some conflict with the valving.
If you you're running TurboGas, it sounds like they're totally blown, try
to see if you can warantee them, or better yet, get your money back and put
it towards a set of Konis... which is what I'm gonna buy (when I hit the
lottery). :)

	GL
			Jason