From: "Ewan Hopkins" <ewanhopkins@hotmail.com>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: suspension problems / Jamex Bump Stops
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 11:27:30 PDT

I am having problems getting an acceptable suspension set-up with
current install: H&R 55mm drop springs with Boge Pro-gas shocks on an
'85 Storm.
Tried with standard bump-stops - bounces like it's on a trampoline.
Take the bump-stops out and there is too much travel and it bottoms out
hard.  The whole equation is complicated by the fact that the car has a
'92 2.0 audi unit replacing the standard 1.8: with the block being a bit
bigger, there's bound to be more weight over the front wheels.

Has anyone tried this spring/shock (or similar) combination?

Any opinions on the Jamex uprated bump-stops?

Budget is limited so Bilsteins are not the answer!

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8

- --------- End forwarded message ----------