Re: DSP Info, Shawn Meze

At 09:12 PM 9/2/98 -0400, Mark A Peele wrote:
>"AFAIK, the Scirocco, at some point(75?) came without a rear deck, so
>many autocrossers take them out."
>
>Not that I know of.
>
>I have owned a few Sciroccos, including two 1975 Sciroccos, and they all
>had rear decks.

Very interesting!  Did VW make a provision to remove them?  If something is
made to be removed, one can remove it, IE, the Nissan Pulsar(I think), the
one with three different rear roofs?  A wagon, sedan, eh, something else?
Well, in the owner's manual, it tells you it is OK to remove it and drive
around - therefore, it is OK to take it off for Solo.  I do know(beleieve?
Made up?) that many people take them out with Sciroccos - IMHO, snivelly
thing to protest(unless it weighs more than 5 pounds, which I don't believe
it does), but curious nonetheless!  TTYL!

I.Mannix
- --