Driver's seats...

Anybody got some good advice about this?   I have my '84 which has one
stripped seat back adjuster, you know, the dial thing that VW loves so
much.   In any case, to get another seat that would match the interior
I'd have to spend something on the order of 200-250.   Don't care to do
it.   I have another pair of front seats which are serving me fine from
a later scirocco and I have been thinking about swapping out parts from
seat to seat.

Advice? Warnings? Woth my effort?

And no, I don't want to order seat covers.

- --