Re: A possible MKII purchase

Assuming you're in the US, if it's got dual wipers, I think it's safe to say
that it has to be a 1.8L, because Sciroccos only came with single wipers
through '83, and the last year of the 1.7L engine in a 'rocco, in the US
anyway, was '83 as well.
You can never know what's wrong with the engine... maybe it needs rebuilding,
maybe it just needed a head gasket... who knows? Sciroccos are always good to
have around!
: )
    -Josiah
    '83 Scirocco (for parts)