Re: George C <georgec@iexcellence.com>: Re: [gti-vr6] the mad bastard <stoopid@idirect.com>: twin VR6 turbo NOS rabbit...

hmmm.  that's odd.  oh well, i guess maybe it was just a carboard
cutout of the motor with all of the turbo piping and what have you that
my friend looked at with his own two eyes.
it's really quite amazing what you can do with some nice pictures and
creative lighting.

	i'm sorry to have misled you all.  please forgive me.

	actually, there is a grain of truth to our very harsh torontonian
observer who thinks that i posted a "load of crap".  the car was
supposed to have two 16Vs in there.  and, like that same observer said,
there was indeed a 16v motor in the back, but it has been replaced by
that high quality picture i was just going on about.

jason
the mad bastard

ken r weidmann jr. wrote:

> I posted this to the GTI VR6 list and this was a response regarding the
> twin engined rabbit.
>
> I too saw this post on the rocco list. It's a load of crap if you ask me.
>
> Why I can say this. cause i've seen the car. It does have the rear cut
> out,
> and the 16v block was mounted in it. That's what intially it was suppose
> be, a twin 16v ..
>
> The shell is in good condition and that project never got finished.. so i
> think he sold it to someone else and this is what they have planned for
> it.
>
> Turbo? I think not, there are very few experienced tuners up here with
> turbo and if he did it would be bs... some kind of audi add on, just like
> the previous cars.
>
> anyways... just wanted to set it straight.. cause I know the people who
> work there (the shop who owned it)
>
> i wish they would take more of a serious appoarch to their work .
- --