Re: 2.0 engines

Well I have my 1.8 block done at a reputable machine shop here in San
Diego. the waiting list was about 4 months, it took 6.
What they did:
deck the block .005"
bored .020 and honed (no torque plate, "They dont make them for those
engines.." yeah right. I shoulda found someone that DID, but live and learn..)
crank saddles line honed
hot tank everything, fix a few bolt holes
shot peen rods
r&r rods
r&r intermediate shaft, and new bearings
balanced whole rotating assembly including complete clutch
balanced rods

it cost me about 700 bucks. WAY more then i'd expected for just the block
but hey.. I also had to buy new pistons, rings, bearings, cranshaft, and
camshaft on TOP of that 700.

The head cost $250 for the machine work.

At 07:05 AM 10/29/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>does any know what the cost of machine work would be for a 2.0 bottom
>end if I supply all parts.  I want to have the block blue printed and
>balenced if the cost isn't too astronomical.  Also does anyone have
>experience with shrick cams.  specifically the 260's vs the 268's.  I
>want an engine with really strong top end but I still want it
>streetable.  also I saw autotech(I know these guys aren't the best
>but) had a cam set that  they claim had better torque than the shrick
>260's and had more hp go figure --is this just bullshit.
>any cam opinions welcomed.
>tia
>Tony
>ps I just started tearing down my spare head tonight.  I like
>building motors already
- --
Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S -- Now with JH power!
      San Diego, CA
"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."
- --