Re: Factory VW radio security codes

From:           	"David Ruby" <dbruby@ainet.com>
To:             	"scirocco list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject:        	Factory VW radio security codes
Date sent:      	Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:32:23 -0800

> Hello all,
> I am trying a new (to me) Heidelberg V stereo in my Scirocco.  It is vintage 1988-1990.  I believe it was the stock radio on '89 16V's.
> Anyway, I got the security code from my local dealer (after going to great lengths to prove it wasn't stolen),
> but what I need to know is this: what combination of button-
>pushing begins the entry of the security code?  I turn it on, the
>screen says, "Safe," but then what?
>
> TIA,
> Dave

Dave, to enter the code you have to press ( this is from memory...&
depending on the model) The "Mode" & "Scan" buttons or the outer
left & right on the top row at the same time until it says CODE.
Then depending on the code ie; 1 2 3 4  preset button #1 is the one
you would push for example "1" time (the display will show the #1
on the first spot), the 2nd preset button is for the 2nd # "2" & 3rd
preset button for the 3rd # & 4th for the 4th. Then once the code is
entered repeat the very first step (pressing "Mode & Scan")  the
code will clear & should play FM in a second or two.  If it doesn't
work you may have the wrong code.  BTW: the Default code for
some of those raidos is 1 1 1 1.  If the first doesn't work it's worth a
shot.

HTH & if it doesn't call me!

Mike Potter
a.k.a. Potterman