RE: Re: 5K TB mods...

well there are 2 nuts on top of the t-body. both hopefully if you got
the right one,simply remove both nuts on both t-bodies and swap all
the linkage. the audi has a completely different linkage setup, so
just ditch it all for the stock linkage, it should all work
perfectly, my t-body opens up all the way and engages a full throttle
switch. Make sure to take up any slack via the throttle cable circlip
by the t-body

Ryan
see if you had read my instructions it woulda been easier =]

> Ryan Schuermann wrote:
> >actually i dont know what the hell he was talking about,if you just >swap the top linkage from your old t-body onto the top of the audi >modelit will all work just fine.
> >
> >Ryan
>

> >> Somebody posted something about the 5K t-body not fully opening with the
> >> stock position of the little ball thingy. You mentioned an install that
> >> required no welding and puting another ball a little closer to the center of
> >> the pivot. Who posted that? Could you re-send that to me privately, Im gonna
> >> try it out....
> >> Chad >> 84 8V
>

> OK. I'll clarify what I originally wrote. But to respond to Ryan first: I didn't see that the two were compatible. Did you swap all of the likage, and then modify your TB so that the stops worked rig> Back to Chad: THE PROBLEM:   What I was talking abo
ut stems from the fact that the linkage arm on the VW TB is about 5mm shorter that the linkage arm of the AUDI. (When I say liknage arm, this is the> THE FIX: When I first heard of this swap, it was in a file that had a post from Peter Tong in it. He des
cribed that to shorten the linkage arm, (and this is from memory that I've tried to forget) tak> -note: the metal of the linkage arm is very hard, I had little success in cutting it with anything other than the angle grinder, but this cut it like butter.

> Hope that this clarifies it, but sorry for the long post.
> lemme know if you have any probs.
> Jonas
> 85 Scirocco
>
> Ryan Schuermann wrote:
> >actually i dont know what the hell he was talking about,if you just >swap the top linkage from your old t-body onto the top of the audi >modelit will all work just fine.
> >
> >Ryan
>

> >> Somebody posted something about the 5K t-body not fully opening with the
> >> stock position of the little ball thingy. You mentioned an install that
> >> required no welding and puting another ball a little closer to the center of
> >> the pivot. Who posted that? Could you re-send that to me privately, Im gonna
> >> try it out....
> >> Chad >> 84 8V

- --