Re: canadian models of sciroccos

There are many many many loopholes in the Canadian Auto Insurance industry,
that nobody really knows all of them!  The bottom line is, they are scum
and will try to leech as much $$$ as they can from you, without you
questioning them.

Anyways, chances are, they will not perform any inspection at all of the
vehicle, and at best, a quick check of the VIN on the dash, and perhaps on
the driver's door post.  Vehicle insurance will be based on number of
cylinders, displacement volume, etc. of the motor, so even if you had put a
2.0 into yur 84, you should be able to get away with insuring it as a
"regular 84 vw scirocco".  By performance, they mean any non-standard
features that might warrant getting more $$$.  However, if an inspection is
done, and you have modified your ride a bit (it IS a scirocco, after all),
then be prepared to FIGHT for your rights.  You have to be prepared to tell
them that just because you'v added a body kit, yur rocco isn't a
"performance model".  A good friend of mine has a stock 88 16v, only mod
being a body kit consisting of a front spoiler, side skirts, rear end
plastic and a bigger rear deck spoiler.  They were seriously gonna try and
charge him another $600 a year for his "performance" scirocco!

My point is, don't feel at all bad if you tell them its a regular scirocco,
even if you HAVE worked on it!

- -=[mastermiind.6o4]=-