Re: [SV: Loosing my head? oil leak]

Hey,

    Yeah that guy's who responded could be right, it could be just the valve
cover gasket that's leaking down to the block and making it look like the head
gasket.  I just replaced my head gasket (among everything else), and a good
thing to do is to clean your engine completely, I mean get a couple good
degreaser's and do it right.  Then drive her and find out which one it is
(you'll see it truse me).  But if it is the head gasket and you go to replace
it, and you want to do it right and do it once, I would recommend new head
bolts if you think they're stretched or the guy before you didn't take good
care of the Rocco.  Whatever you decide, need anymore help give me an e-mail.

Scottish
'83 Red Rocco

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker

> My cylinder head.  My 16V has an oil leak.  It looks like it
is coming from between the head and the block.  I remember
reading something about stretching head bolts some time back.
Can I take the valve cover off and "snug em down" or should I
bite the bullet and change the head gasket?

> Dan Brideau

- --