Swapping motors?

To those of you who have swapped engines , how did you do it.  Do I need an
engine hoist or is there another way to do it.  An engine hoist will cost
me about $70 for a day.  I was tryin to think about other ways of
installing the motor.  For one I thought of joining the block and the
tranny, list the car up and then rolling it under the car.  The other idea
someone else gave me was to have two people hold the motor/tranny with a
chain wrapped around the motor and a bar.  What would be the easiest and
economical methopd of doing this.  I have not entirely put the motor
together.  That is, the water pump, etc have not been mounted yet.  What
shall I do?

Sal

- --